Friday, February 9, 2024

Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide - The Return of the Gnome Blacksmith

I have for you today another piece of my Pathfinder art that made an encore appearance. I am not sure how I missed so much in 2012, but here is another publication from tweleve years ago that only recently showed up on my radar. This time around it is the Advanced Race Guide. It is always interesting to note which pieces show back up again and again and which do not. To start things off, here is the cover packaging for the Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide.

Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide
Cover by Wayne Reynolds

The piece that returned in this publication is the Gnome Blacksmith. This was originally designed and painted for the Gnomes of Golarion book back in 2010 (though I may have made the work in 2009). I did several pieces for the Gnomes book and I had a lot of fun working on it. Of all the Gnomes that I painted in the book, it has continued to surprise me that this is the one piece that shows up again and again. I assume it is becasue it depicts a specific task that aren't seen in many other pieces. Or, someone just likes it. We may never know. Here is a look at the final painting of the Gnome Blacksmith.

Gnome Blacksmith
4.7 x 7 - Digital
© 2010 Paizo Publishing, LLC

Lastly, here is now the piece looked in the Advanced Race Guide. It did always print well, which is a plus. OH, how I would do this piece so differently now. But, that said, there are still some things I like about this one.

Gnome Blacksmith in handy dandy book form!

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment