Monday, May 29, 2023

Ehstilux Portrait - The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

I am thrilled to share another new piece from The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. This illustration is for Book Two: The Completed Circle. This piece was completed in March of this year. This will be a character portrait accompanying one of the short blurbs at the beginning of a chapter. I shared more about these with the first post focused on these portraits. With most of these, I have an idea regarding their voice and placement in the book, but the fun part is that it is not set in stone and may turn into something very different from what I first planned. I have mentioned the Bazaar's constables and the Aberannt Stillters that support them. Still, there are also a few others that make up the managerial wing of law enforcement under the tenting. There will be more about them in book three, but for now, all you will need to remember is that they think very highly of themselves and always wear polished armor that has never seen a day of use. I present you with an Ehstilux (name to come later).
 
Ehstilux
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra Dalia - The Completed Circle
5 x 5 - Pencil, ink, and acrylic paint on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2022 Christopher Burdett
 
Ehstilux - Drawing 
5 x 5 - Pencil on paper
© 2022 Christopher Burdett
 
These are the smallest pieces created for the books. There is something charming about a 5 x 5 image, and I have already framed them all up. They look great in a frame and will make an excellent addition to my conventions later in the year. I have completed the first planned set of them, and I will likely begin making more of them soon. Here is a look at the sketch for the Ehstilux to show where it started. Once I have shared all of this first batch, you might notice some Easter eggs in the backgrounds.

Ehstilux - Sketch 
Digital
© 2022 Christopher Burdett
 
 
That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...  
 
For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment