Monday, August 22, 2022

Monstrous War-Leech - Magic: the Gathering - Dominaria United

I am thrilled to share with you a new Magic the Gathering art! This time around, it is for Dominaria United. I was asked to depict a massive leech monster about to devour a dead animal in the swamps of Dominaria. Upon the leech rides a Homarid, as you would only expect in the swamps of Dominaria. If you remotely know me, I am more than happy to make a giant monster doing giant monster things. I present to you the Monstrous War-Leech.

 
Monstrous War-Leech
Magic the Gathering - Dominaria United
14 x 10.2 - Digital
Art Director - Zack Stella
 © 2022 Wizards of the Coast

I had more time in my schedule when this piece rolled around, so not only did I have time for a tonal study, I was able to spend more time on the drawing and fully render it. 

Monstrous War-Leech - Drawing
Magic the Gathering - Dominaria United
14 x 11 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Zack Stella
Original - SOLD
 © 2022 Wizards of the Coast


Monstrous War-Leech- Tonal study
Magic the Gathering - Dominaria United
14 x 11 - Pencil and paint on paper
Art Director - Zack Stella
Original - SOLD
  © 2022 Wizards of the Coast

In the coming weeks (or months), I will share the steps and process of making this piece. Until then, here is a look at the final card.

Monstrous War-Leech in handy dandy card form.

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment