Friday, August 19, 2022

Interstellar Express Part 7 - Environment Tiles

Today, I am continuing my posts focused on my work from Interstellar Express, the educational game I art directed and made many assists. This week I am sharing the art for the environment tiles I created. Let's get back to the Interstellar Express! 

Interstellar Express space screen
Final art by Lee Bretschneider

One of the features that I was most looking forward to making for the game is the environmental tiles. That said, I am still unsure if any of this work will be in the finished game. These tiles are to be used as part of a mini-game reward at different points in the game or at the end for a final treat. The tiles are meant to be flexible enough to be arranged in any order to create new and unique environments. Aliens will be placed around the scene, and the user will need to find them all. Each environment includes a tile that has no obstacles, one that has short obstacles, one that has tall obstacles, and one that is the space train station. I have arranged the four tiles and then a sample arrangement of a scene. I present you with the art for the environment tiles of Interstellar Express.

The generic alien world with its rolling hills and rocky brush.

The bug world with its mega flora.

The bird world with its towering trees and fields of clouds.

The elemental world with its steam geysers and icy outcroppings.

The lava world would not be complete without lava.

The lost desert world has a few cactuses.

The ocean world with its giant sponges and aquatic plants.

The robot world is a maze of long abandoned machinery.

The shapes world had mostly 90-degree angels and not much depth.

The space dinosaur world has plenty of ancient plants to enjoy while you search for the train stop.

Lastly, the train depot world has a lovely fountain and will likely never be used.

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...  

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment