Monday, December 7, 2020

D&D Monster Cards - Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes - Return of the Hydroloth, Sacred Statue, and Choker

Within the past two years, give or take, a D&D Monster Card deck was released for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Included in this deck are three of the monsters that I painted for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes. Where are the rest, you ask? That is a story or another day. As I have mentioned countless times, being in a book is fantastic, but there is just something extra special about having my work as a miniature or a card. While my first introduced to D&D through books, I once played countless hours of card and miniature games. Maybe that is where this comes from? With the release of Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Monster Deck, my Hydroloth, Sacred Statue (Eidolon), and Choker ger their own cards. Here is a look at the deck box and the cards.

 
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Monster Deck
 
 
Hydroloth
 
 
Sacred Statue (Eidolon)
 
Choker

Of these there monsters, all but the Hydroloth has been made into a miniature. In my book, that is not too shabby, and it is always fun to see my monsters make the rounds. Here again, is the final art that I created of these three monsters.

 
Hydroloth 
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes 
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin 
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
 
Eidolon
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin 
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC
 
 
Choker
Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
11 x 14 - Digital
Art Director - Kate Irwin 
© 2018 Wizards of the Coast LLC

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment