Thursday, December 31, 2020

Unexpected Last Post of 2020

While I thought I had wrapped up all my posts for 2020 here on the blog, it looks like there was one more. I have mentioned more than once that 2020 was a challenging year for me artistically. While I saw the completion, funding, and publishing of my first illustrated novel in the Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia series, I spent much of the year unable to produce art. It wasn't until the last several months that I could get back to the table and get back to work. I know many of you out there were in the same boat, are still in the same boat, or can relate to this as it pertains to your lives. Needless to say, I think this all is made more manifest by my Instagram top nine for 2020. My posts were way down, my numbers on links and comments on the posts are way down, and the work that was most interacted with was almost exclusively client work, much of which was old reposts, and one piece of my linework colored by Jacob Walker. I am a little surprised that my new personal work is nowhere to be seen here, but there is nothing I can, or care, to do about it. This is in no way something to take personally, and it will affect me in no way moving forward. It is all merely an observation through one lens. Here are my top nine images according to what I posted on Instagram in 2020, and the numbers of interactions they each had. 

 
Top Nine images on Instagram for 2020, what will 2021 hold?

That is all for 2020. See you back here in 2021 in a week or so. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment