Wednesday, September 4, 2019

What the Heck is Going On? - Grand Bazaar Writing Update

I know I recently post an update on the blog regarding the state of the Grand Bazaar, but I hit a major milestone Friday night. As of Friday I have completed writing all of the sections of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia! Most of the book has already gone to the editor and is back for us to review now that I have completed the remaining sections. These remaining sections will be headed to the editor asap as I finish the remaining nine pieces of spot art and other outstanding odds and ends.

Here is the completed spreadsheet for the book, plus a little video I shot of the last section getting marked off.

Writing spreadsheet as of 8/30/2019


And with that, they are all accounted for, now to edit, massage, and finalize

I knew I was going to eventually get to this point, but now that I am, it is a little unbelievable. I learned years ago that making a book is impossible. You cannot sit down and simply create a book from start to finish. BUT, you can make a list of the things you need to make. You can make an illustration for the book. You can write a section about a monster in your book. You can put those pieces together and refine and edit them. And eventually, you will make a book. That is what got me through all of this. A plan, some lists, taking it slow and giving everything as much time as it needs. There is no way I could sit down and make something that is 277 pages and for 85000 works, just not possible, but I can make all the little pieces that will eventually add up to it.

277 pages and 85603 words later...

Next steps, as I have said, I have a handful of small illustrations still to complete. These will go quickly, and I will have them done in the coming weeks. I will be reviewing the edit notes for the text, implementing these edits, and doing a full review and edit of everything one last time. I will be tieing up loose ends as I deal with little odds and ends to get everything that is needed for the layout. I will be handing everything over to the person doing the layout of the book, and after that, I should have a completed book. It might seem like there is still a lot left, but we are so close now. At least I have help in creating the final pieces.

Now to finish the rest of the spot art with a little help

That's all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment