Friday, April 5, 2019

Kickstarter Roundup - Thomas and Silva

Today on the blog I wanted to point out some current Kickstarter projects by friends of mine that I think you all might be interested in. Both feature amazing comic art by awesome people, and if you have not already checked them out, you should do so NOW!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/commandermarc/the-monstrous-adventures-of-beowulf-comic-books-1?ref=user_menu

First up is Marc Thomas's The Monstrous Adventures of Beowulf - Comic Books #1 and #2 Kickstarter! Marc is a great illustrator and visual storyteller and this is a project near and dear to him. Books one and two, which are the books in this Kickstarter, are COMPLETELY finished. He is raising printing costs to get the books made. Book 3 is nearly complete and will be available later. This looks to be a super good limited series, and I can't wait to see it!


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stillcinema/last-stop-0?ref=user_menu

Next, we have Hoyt Silva's (and team) Last Stop Kickstarter. I have had the great opportunity to watch Hoyt develop and mature as an artist. I first met him when he worked at a local comic shop with dreams of making comics. He made his dreams a reality, and he has been creating beautiful art in the comic industry for some years now. I always enjoy seeing his work, and with everyone's help, his next project will be a reality. Along with Hoyt,  writer and co-creator  Trey Walker, and letter  Micah Myers are working on "Last Stop is an action-packed, over the top, extra large graphic novel about a superhero out of time—in more ways than one." I am really exited about this one and really want to see it get made.

As with all Kickstarter projects they need the help of people just like you to become a reality. I hope you will take the time to head over and check these both out, and hopefully support them!

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment