Wednesday, March 27, 2019

CG Beast by Antony Rahul

It is funny how certain pieces, no matter how old they are, still seem to reappear time and again. The Beast concept illustration I did ten years ago is just one of those pieces. Originally created as a portfolio piece it has grabbed people's attention repeatedly over the years. Not sure what it is about this piece, but even today it is still back on the blog.

I was contacted by Antony Rahul earlier in the week to let me know he had used my Beast concept as part of a school assignment. Antony studies animation and game design in Wiztoonz India and his assignment called for finding a preexisting design and modeling it. Here is how Antony's take on the Beast concept turned out.

CG Beast by Antony Rahul

Looking good! Always fun to see my illustrations turned into a 3D model, miniature, etc. I think Antony did a great job with it and I hope him all the best with his studies and his future. Here is my original Beast concept so you can get a look at what a great job Antony did. 

Beast Concept
11.5 x 9.5 - Digital
© 2009 Christopher Burdett 

The funny thing is, this is not even the first time the Beast concept has been used as part of a class assignment. Back in 2013, Gustavo Labrador GarcĂ­a created his one 3D model. Like I said, it is funny how certain pieces keep coming back into the spotlight. 

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment