Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Gen Con 2018 - Day 4

Today I am sharing some images and thoughts from day 4 of Gen Con. All good things come to an end, even Gen Con. After a month or more of build up and prep, two days of driving, and afternoon of setup and getting ready... the best four days in gaming is over in a blink of the eye. Very full days and troubled sleep help make it even shorter. Oh well... Sunday was my second best day at the con this year and was a great way to wrap things up. I was even making sales after the show had closed which is really nice. My original drawing sale was a HUGE success and I sent lots of drawings to new homes. I still have a large stack of drawings, so I may continue the sale at the rest of my conventions this year. Sunday was a blur since Saturday night was my worst night's sleep, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I used that time to work on a game plan to insure I can get the most work done moving forward. Tear down went quickly and easily and was followed up with our annual Japanese dinner with friends. A wonderful way to end a great convention. All in all this Gen Con was really great. I am fairly confident that it was my second best year at Gen Con, last year being the best. Already looking ahead to Gen Con 2019 and especially 2020!

Here are some images from Day 4 of Gen Con 2018...


 The crowds were a little lighter on Sunday.

 This years balloon sculpture. Not really sure what that is.

 The state of the table by Sunday. Things are shifted around. Things are sold out. It is all a bit of a mess.

 Still a busy busy day on our row.

 Over the wall and it is a very busy art show.

 All the people looking at all the art.

 Brain Stillman holding the Gen Con Best Documentary award for Eye of the Beholder!

 The room that had been full of busy activity for day is now empty.

 They take the walls down quicker and quicker each year.

 This year the walls cam down while I was away getting my boxes and cart. Luckily Dear Wife was there to take my paintings off the walls before someone laid hands on the wall.

 Everyone hard at work tearing down Gen Con.

 Even though I am leaving with less stuff it is always interesting how it all takes up more room on the trip home. Two more days of driving found us home at last.

That is all for another exciting Tuesday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment