Monday, September 19, 2016

Narnam Cobra - MtG - Kaladesh

The entire set of Kaladesh, the newest expansion to Magic the Gathering, was spoiled last week which means I can now share the rest of my cards coming out in this set. I have a total of three cards in Kaladesh. I shared the first card, Salivating Gremlins, with you last week and I have one for you today and the last will be up on Wednesday. I present you with the Narnam Cobra...

Narnam Cobra
Magic the Gathering - Kaladesh
14 x 10.2- Digital
© 2016 Wizards of the Coast

The Narnam Cobra was a blast to work on. Not only did I get to design the cobra, but this is my first artifact card for Magic. Really wanted to try something a little different with this one... not sure how different it ended up being, but I am happy with the results. I will share more about this piece in the fullness of time when I break down the process and steps. A HUGE thanks goes out to Cynthia Sheppard for the Narnam Cobra assignment!

While the final for this piece was digital, the original drawings associated with this piece will debut at Illuxcon 2016 the week of Oct 19 - 23. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in making an offer ahead of time. Prints will be available soon and artist proofs will be available once the set is released and I receive them. Here is a look at the final card version of the Narnam Cobra...

Narnam Cobra in handy dandy card form

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment