Monday, January 18, 2016

Concussion Rifle - Star Wars LCG: Galactic Ambitions

As mentioned last week, the newest deluxe expansion, Galactic Ambitions, to the Star Wars Living Card Game has been announced. It just so happens that in the announcement article that both of my cards appearing in this set were spoiled! Last week I shared with you my 4-LOM painting; this week, I have the second painting, a Besalisk, having a lot of fun with a Concussion Rifle...

Concussion Rifle
Star Wars LCG - Galactic Ambitions
14 x 11 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Taylor Ingvarsson
Original- NFS
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Concussion Rifle
Star Wars LCG - Galactic Ambitions
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Taylor Ingvarsson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games 
 
First and foremost, this painting is in NO WAY a self-portrait... nope, tooootally not...

Okay, you got me; this piece is totally a self-portrait of me as a gun-wielding Besalisk...
 
 Handy dandy Concussion Rifle reference
(Expect more when I post the process of this piece in the coming months!)
Photo by Achsa Nute

I had thought when takingabout this assignment that this piece would be my only contribution to Galactic Ambitions. With that in mind, I poured a lot of attention into this piece and had much fun working on it. While I love an excellent aberrant tentacled beast, the chance to paint myself as a monster is also a love of mine. Adding a little playfulness or humor goes a long way too! I am still thrilled with how all my thumbnails turned out for this piece. I still may finish them as drawings at some point. This, by far was my favorite concept for this piece. I am thrilled with how this painting turned out as well; at the time it really felt like a turning point in my handling of paint. I hope to talk further about this when I share the process of this painting.

Concussion Rifle in handy dandy card form!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment