Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A funny thing happen on the way to the ...SMASH!!!

You may have noticed that I have not posted on the blog since last Wednesday and that I have not been active online anywhere else... or maybe my absence has gone unnoticed...

Either way, it is a funny story. When I say "funny" I mean the students of Tallahassee have finally successfully murdered my car. They have been trying for years and nearly succeeded about 6 years back. Unfortunately, after countless attempts one of their best assassins managed to get past my defenses. Got past so easily that I never saw them coming until their car was in my passenger seat...


This is one time that the pictures do not do it justice, it looks MUCH worse in person. Where was I when all this happened? In a parking lot! He built up his RAMMING SPEED in a parking lot and caved in the right side of my car... from wheel to wheel... there is damaged.

IN. A. PARKING. LOT. 

Trying to stay positive...

1) At least I did not have a passenger with me at the time...
2) I seem to have managed to remain unharmed...
3) He was found at fault...
4) I found a lovely mugshot of the guy online when he was busted for Marijuana possession last year. 

Not so positive... my car is dead, totaled, and gone... and now I have no car. The student has stolen from me and I was only marginally compensated. Did I mention he was driving a rental car? A rental car that he took ownership of after claiming his insurance covers rentals. ...when in fact it may not cover rentals... yeah...

I can see the insides on my car from the outside.

With all that has happened and the fact that the Thanksgiving holiday is tomorrow I am going to take a break from the blog for the rest of the week and try to pick back up on my normal posting schedule on Monday, December 2nd. In the meantime... here is a happy frog in our pond, he does not care about cars and stupid distracted speeding students...


That is all for another not so exciting Wednesday on the blog... See you back here on Monday, Dec 2nd when I try to get things back to normal. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

3 comments:

  1. Jaiks! So, you were in the car... Glad you are ok. Have a relaxing and happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thank to God that you're alive from that accident. The problem is, it doesn't matter how much careful you are, accident may happen because of somebody else's fault as well.

    Regards,
    Arnold Brame
    Health And Safety Consultant Norfolk

    ReplyDelete