Friday, October 28, 2011

Terrors of the Silt Sea

Today on the blog I am pleased to finally bring you a new piece for Dungeons and Dragons! Not only is it for Dungeons and Dragons, but it is for their Dark Sun campaign setting! I was tasked with designing and illustrating a brand new Dark Sun monster and it was right up my alley. The article appeared yesterday in Dungeon Magazine issue 195. On with the monster...

Terrors of the Silt Sea: Oasis Beast
© 2011 Wizards of the Coast

This was a real treat for me. I am always most happy when I get to have some fun and create something brand new for a project I really enjoy. This was the first time working on anything for Dark Sun so that was an added bonus. When I read the art order and it described the creature as a horrific combination of an angler fish and a lizard I new the Art Gods were smiling upon me. Again I seem to have depicted a hapless hero just moments before his death... just the way I like my heroes. I will bring you my thumbnails, concepts, and drawings from this project after I return from Illuxcon.

As a side note, this was my first, and thankfully has not been my last opportunity to work with Kate Irwin over a WoTC. Thanks to Kate for getting me involved with this assignment, I had a ton of fun!

Thanks is all for another exciting week on the blog! I will be back next week as usual... plus I will have complete coverage of Illuxcon 4! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact
me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment