Friday, September 15, 2023

Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Case: Creatures - The Return of the Aarakocra

I have been keeping my eye on the Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Case: Creatures for a while. It was released last year and I had a hunch that I likely had at least one monster in there. Recently I was looking at some images online of the monsters that come in the set and a familiar face was staring back at me. My feathered friend, the Aarakocra, was confirmed in the set, so that meant I needed to get my hands on one to see what else might be in the set. Here as a reminder is the final painting that I did of the Aarakocra for the 5E D&D Monster Manual.

Aarakocra
 Dungeons & Dragons - 5th Edition Monster Manual
8x11 - Digital
© 2014 Wizards of the Coast

I am impressed with how the set turned out. It all comes in a nice outer box with an interior box that features a handle. It is well designed and full of monsters, something that interests me a great deal. Here are some photos of the various level of box strata.


After finally reaching the monsters and pouring over them all I soon realized that at the end of the day I only had the one monster in the set. But I am happy to see that the Aarakocra was included and representing my contribution to the game.

RAWR! I'm an Aarakocra!

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then... 

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment