Thursday, February 3, 2022

50 Days of Star Wars

Starting today and running for 50 consecutive days, I will be sharing pieces of Star Wars art that I produced since 2011, when I first began working on the Star Wars tabletop games. While I am kicking things off here on the blog, my daily posts will be on various social media platforms. To see the daily D&D be sure to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or my Facebook Page. If this seems familiar to you, that is because it is. In September of 2021, I shared 100 days of Dungeons & Dragons art. It was so much fun that I thought it would be fun to do the same with my Star Wars work. I never worked on or produced as much work for SW as I did for D&D, so I only have 50 days of art to share.

To start things off, I am going to the very beginning with the first piece of Star Wars art that I was ever commissioned to create, the Wookiee Navigator card art for the core set of the Star Wars Card Game in 2011. This card went through some edits to end up where it eventually did and was promptly forgotten about. Only later, when the card was reused as the Gunner card in the X-Wing miniature game, did the art catch on and find a fan base. Huh, look at that! A black Wookiee, I feel like there is a black Wookiee of notoriety that has been in the spotlight lately. I guess I was ahead of the curve 11 years ago. No matter, here is the art I created for the Wookiee Navigator card. 

Wookiee Navigator
  Star Wars LCG Core Set
9.6 x 6.9 - Digital
© 2011 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

As with all my work, there are one or more drawings to go along with the finished painting. For this particular Wookiee, there is the line art and a tonal study. It is always interesting to see where my tonal work started and how much it has advanced over the years.

Wookiee Navigator - Drawing
  Star Wars LCG Core Set
11 x 9 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2011 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games
 
Wookiee Navigator - Tonal study
  Star Wars LCG Core Set
12 x 9 - Pencil on paper
Original - SOLD
© 2011 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

 See you on social media over the next 50 days as I share paintings, drawings, and more!

That's all for another exciting Thursday on the blog. See you back here next week! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment