Monday, April 26, 2021

2021 Convention Schedule

One of the significant losses for working artists of 2020 was the cancelation of in-person conventions. While there were online events, it was a mixed bag for me and others I spoke with. I had some excellent online events and some complete disasters. A lot depended on the effort you put into it, and at different times during last year, I had more or less energy to spare. But that was then, and now it is 2021! Unfortunately, COVID19 is still with us, and the world is still very much in the grip of the pandemic. With the vaccine being administered at an astounding pace here in the US, conventions are gearing back up. 

While I am thrilled to see a return to social events and conventions, we are not prepared to take part in them. As you may or may not know, my wife is an ER nurse. 2020 was hard on all of us, but it was beyond description for her and many other front-line workers and medical professionals. We are not yet ready to be involved with events that will have crowds of people. While I have been invited to be a guest at serval events this year, I have had to postpone the invitation until next year. My Featured Artist position at Gen Con will be waiting for me in 2022 as well. While I will not be attending Pensacon, Infinity Con, and Gen Con this year, if IX happens in October, there is a good chance that we will be in attendance. It is a much smaller event with a much more manageable volume of people. Fingers crossed that IX happens and that things continue to improve regarding our response to the virus.

 
Sadly, I will not be present at most of my usual events this year.

We are planning a standard year of conventions for 2022. I am especially looking forward to Gen Con 2022, where I can finally debut my book and have the celebration that was meant to occur in 2020. Hopefully, it will only be two years late, which is still better than not happening at all. We are trying to make the best of things while trying to stay safe and protect all those around us. I know that all of these events will be amazing and that the organizers are doing everything they can to ensure a safe and fun event. We are simply not ready to deal with the crowds. We miss our convention family and friends immensely, and we can't want to see them all again.

That is all of another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment