Monday, November 2, 2020

I Came Here to Art

I had several ideas for today's blog post. There was a recap of IX Online so far, a look at some reused Dungeons & Dragons art, an update to my book production, or a look at a new Monte Cook book with some resued monsters in it. I had options to choose from, but when I got here to write about one of these topics, I was left without words. There is much happening in the world, and as much as I have tried to prevent it, it has bled over into my thoughts. Of course, how could it not? We continue to live under the specter of a pandemic that has gone all put unchallenged in this country. There is social and civil unrest. And the presidential election is tomorrow. I am not here to talk about political leanings, if you know me, you know where I stand, and if you read my book, you can probably figure it out as well. I don't have answers, and I don't know what the next few days, weeks, and months have in store for us as Americans or the world. There is a lot to be nervous about and to be afraid of. BUT I have done my part. I have done my civic duty. I have contributed to candidates at the state (including outside my home state) and national levels because that is what I can do. I am getting too old to fight in the streets, but I can fight with my wallet. 

As with much of the human experience, it is a group effort. We are all in this together, and we must work as a team to survive. Though I am not sure how many remember this fact anymore. I have faith that as a whole, we can find a way through this, but this is not the beginning of the end. This is the end of the beginning. We have a lot of work to do, no matter the outcome. I just hope that we have the strength, the perseverance, and the intelligence to do what must be done. Only time will tell.

So that I am not leaving you without any art, here is a bookplate that recently went out in the mail with a deluxe edition of  The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. If you want one of your own, you can get them on my store.

 
New bookplate for a deluxe edition of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog. I hope to be back with some art on Wednesday. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment