Monday, September 21, 2020

Returning to the Grand Bazaar!

Monsters and Merchants was only the beginning!

I am thrilled to announce that I have begun work on the next two books in The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia series. While some of the prep work started before the launch of my Kickstarter in February, with the pandemic, the new normal, and more life events than I can shake a stick at, I took some time off from working on the books. Jump ahead six months, I am at a point to begin working again, and with that, I am sharing what I am working and what I have in store for the Grand Bazaar. 

Moving forward with the books, the even-numbered books will be smaller self-contained books that focus on a specific topic, event, or subject - while still giving plenty of information regarding the Grand Bazaar. The odd-numbered books will follow the larger continuing story arch(es) and focus on the Grand Bazaar as a whole, and larger events unfold. This will allow me the freedom to explore smaller aspects of the Bazaar that won't fit in a book like Monsters and Merchants and still maintain the larger stories of the Grand Bazaar.

Needless to say, these books take time to create, and they will receive as much or as little time as they require. Once complete, they will once again be crowdfunded on Kickstarter with the help of Kickstarter. With all that out of the way, let's have a closer look at what is in store for the next books.

The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia  Book Two - The Completed Circle

The Completed Circle revolves around an ancient tale of adventure that originated in Thrakka. Much of the story has been lost to the years, but Reginald Blatherskite created a new translation of the remaining pieces during his full and well-documented career with the Impure Husk. The book follows along with the annotated translation of the ancient tale while giving a glimpse of the early years of the Grand Bazaar. Are you ready to follow a young Thrakese boy on an adventure to save the world? - or that is at least what the remaining pieces of the tale seem to suggest. There will be familiar voices in this book writing about various aspects of this ancient tale and its relation to the Bazaar of their time.

 
The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia  Book Three - In the Black 

Picking up where the events of Monsters and Merchants left off, In the Black journies below the Grand Bazaar and the dangers and wonders that exist just below the surface. Many of the voices from the first book will return and well as some new voices to share their perspective on the events surrounding the uncertain future of the Grand Bazaar. 

 
My production board - Mid September 2020  

Lastly, I wanted to share an image of my production board as it now looks. It is set up again and has the key art placeholders for The Completed Circle, as well as the pieces from In the Black that I am currently working on. While The Completed Circle is the next book, there are several pieces I have been waiting a LONG time to create, and while these pieces are destined for In the Black, I could not wait any longer to see them completed. After I finish the pieces I am actively working on, I will switch to pieces from The Completed Circle and switch back and forth until all prepped work in finished. Once everything is finalized on these pieces, I will move into full uninterrupted production on The Completed Circle. Again, these things take time. We are several years away from the next book being completed. I will be sharing the art as I go and giving glimpses of the writing as it takes shape - without giving too much away. No one wants to see these books completed more than me, and I will be making every effort to provide them with as much time as possible.

That's all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment