Friday, August 23, 2019

What the Heck is Going On? - Grand Bazaar Update

I wanted to give you all an update on the production of The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia. It occurred to me that it has been eight months since I have done an update like this, which is definitely overdue. A LOT has been going on behind the scenes, and I am thrilled with how it is all shaping up. Here is a rundown of what has been going on.

All of the main art is now completed, the map of the Bazaar completed in July saw to that. I have twelve of the thirty pieces of spot art remaining, which might sound like a lot, but it really isn't since they are quick to create. I have two remaining advertising drawings to produce, again they are quick pieces. AND, most importantly, I am a week or so away from completing the writing for the book! That vast majority of the book has been reviewed by my editor. Once I have completed the remaining sections, she will review all of the new writing, and I will be sitting down with her to review and implement her notes. At this point, the layout will begin as I complete the remaining pieces of art. Things are coming to a head quickly, and I can't share more with you. As it stands, the book with art is currently 256 pages and 74,592 words. I am not sure how the final layout will affect the page count.

Here are some images to put things into context for you visually minded folks. This is my writing spreadsheet from last night.

Writing spreadsheet as of 8/22/2019

I know it might look a little confusing, the remaining sections that I have to still write are now indicated.

The remaining sections that need to be written are indicated

For some context, here is the same writing spreadsheet from eight months again. A lot of writing, editing, and rewriting have happened in this time, and the piece of paper shows the wear and tear it has been through.

Writing spreadsheet as of 12/16/2018

This us my art production board from a week or two ago. There have been some changes since then, but it won't get more attention until the writing is completed. At which point, the section in the lower right will get addressed.

Art production board from earlier in the month

I will have a working copy of the book with me at IX along with all the art from the book. Those attending will get to be the first to see the product of all of my work over the last five years. At least for me, these are exciting times.

That is all for another exciting week on the blog, see you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment