Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Scorpion Redsign - OHOTMU Reduxe

Over five years ago I redesigned the Marvel villain Scorpion for The Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe REDUXE Edition (OHOTMU Reduxe) blog. For whatever reason, this was never posted on their blog, and a quick check shows that no new content has been posted there in over a year. I am tired of looking at these images in my blog queue folder, so I decided it was finally time to share this image. Here is my redesign of Scorpion.

 
 Scorpion Redsign
10 x 13.5 - Digital
© 2014 Christopher Burdett

I had a lot of fun with this piece, just as I did with all the work that I created for this redesign blog. There was nothing but freedom when it came to the redesigning and the deadlines were flexible. I am still pleased with everything I did for them. Here is the original page for Scorpion, unfortunately, I do not know who the original artist was that contributed to this page.

Scorpion from the Marvel Handbook - © Marvel Comics

Lastly, here is the pencil and ink work that went into this illustration. As I began to ink, I realized that the legs were WAY too short in the drawing. It was an easy fix as I inked, and it improved the piece.

Scorpion Redesign pencil and ink work
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper
10 x 13.5 - Digital
 © 2014 Christopher Burdett

I am unaware of what the future holds for The Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe REDUXE Edition blog, but I believe this to be the final piece I will have done for them. Glad to finally share it. 

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment