Monday, October 2, 2017

Fool Me Once - Imperial Assault - Ahsoka Tano Ally Pack

Last week I had a piece of art spoiled in the upcoming Ahsoka Tano Ally Pack from Star Wars Imperial Assault. I was pleased to see this piece surface because I originally painted this piece back in April of 2015, and the project that it was intended for ended up being canceled. While I assumed it would surface eventually, you never know how long it will take. Two and a half years is not too bad of a wait. While I should not talk about what this piece was initially for, I will say it will be used in Imperial Assault, so it is nice it still found a home in the same game. Here is how the now-named Fool Me Once card turned out...

Fool Me Once
Star Wars Imperial Assault - Ahsoka Tano Ally Pack
14 x 11 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Deb Freytag
© 2017 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Fool Me Once - Drawing
Star Wars Imperial Assault - Ahsoka Tano Ally Pack
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Deb Freytag
Original - SOLD
© 2017 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I was really excited about this piece at the time. Some of that excitement was for the intended usage of this art. Though that is no longer happening, I am still happy to see this piece getting used. If you were wondering, yes, all the graffiti on the walls does say stuff. In the final, I did obscure the graffiti a bit, but the original painting is still all legible. Some of the stuff on the walls reads, "Yavin 4 was an inside job", "Down with the Empire," and "Hunt or be hunted." This piece featured a bunch of Trandoshans, which is always lovely, and the opportunity to put in a bunch of other aliens. A win/win in my book! I ended up producing several additional pieces of art related to this that were going to be used in various other levels of production. Can't really talk about them, but here they are...

Fool Me Once - Hero figure
Star Wars Imperial Assault
6 x 9.3 - Digital finish over Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Deb Freytag
© 2017 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Fool Me Once - Full figure drawing
Star Wars Imperial Assault
11 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Deb Freytag
Original - SOLD
© 2017 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Lastly, here is an image of the art in use on the card. There was a *LITTLE* cropping of the picture, but you get the idea. I heard through the grapevine that this art may be appearing in another SW game where you will be able to see more of the entire image, which is always nice.

Fool Me Once in handy dandy card form

In the coming months, I will share the process and steps that went into this piece and additional thoughts regarding making it. If you are lucky, I might even share some silly photo reference of my being all the aliens!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment