Monday, December 5, 2016

Hunter in the Night: Star Wars LCG - Meditation and Mastery

I have another new Star Wars piece for you today! This time around, it is the Hunter in the Night Objective Card from the recently released expansion, Meditation and Mastery. Here is my piece titled, Hunter in the Night.
Hunter in the Night
Star Wars LCG - Meditation and Mastery
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Art Director - Taylor Ingvarsson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

For those of you that play the game, you will know that Objective Cards have art that is thin and long that runs the length of the card. As you can see above, my art does not fit those dimensions. When I got this assignment, I worked with the art director to create a piece that fulfilled the production's need and allowed me to create a piece that was more in line with the size and shape of work that I like to make. This did mean I was creating more images then they needed, but it was allowing me to create the image I wanted. This all may seem weird, but I needed to do this. Here is the final drawing for Hunter in the Night...
Hunter in the Night
Star Wars LCG - Meditation and Mastery
17 x 14 - Pencil on paper
Art Director - Taylor Ingvarsson
© 2016 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Here is the final production card for Hunter in the Night, and you can see how much the image I created was cropped down for production's needs. I delivered to them the cropped and original versions of the image to do with as they needed. While they were getting two images for the price of one, it gave me the flexibility to make something I was much more excited about working on.

Hunter in the Night in handy dandy card form

I will have more info and details about this piece in the coming weeks/months when I finally get around to sharing the process. Until then, here are a couple images of Hunter in the Night being used as article art over on the Fantasy Flight Games website. As you can see, this piece was officially spoiled over a month ago; it has taken this long for it to finally reach the front of the blog queue! 

Hunter in the Night, used on the Fantasy Flight Games website

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment