Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Star Wars - Age of Rebellion - Onslaught on Arda 1

So much new work to choose from to share, it is so hard to pick which is next...

Kinda on a Star Wars kick, so here is my work from the newly released adventure for Age of Rebellion, Onslaught on Arda 1. One of the pieces I was asked to create for this book was a brand new creation for the Star War Universe, the mighty Daran'Enok, and here is how it turned out...

Daran'Enok
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Narralia
© 2014 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

The female Devlikk named Narralia was great to work on too... but to finally be able to design and illustrate something new for Star Wars eclipses her. The funny thing is that I always just expected this opportunity to happen... which seems really odd looking back at it. When I began my art career, the Star Wars prequels were in full swing, and Star Wars was EVERYWHERE. Then I started working with WotC, and they had, at the time, all the Star Wars games. For one reason or another... and most likely MANY reasons, I never had a chance to work on anything, let alone design something new. ...but now I have, and I am so very thankful for the opportunity to add my voice to that galaxy far far away.

Here are some images of the book so you can see how the work turned out in the final product...

Handy Dandy images of the work in the book, with minimal flip-flopping.

Many thanks to Zoe Robinson for another exciting Star Wars project!

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment