One of the K - 5 themes that I have worked on was Book Feast. They didn't know what they wanted to do beyond that, so when I suggested monsters eating and using books and various library related media. They jumped at my suggestion. Little did I know that I was embarking on a wacky adventure because of my idea of monsters and books... unfortunately I can't really talk about any of that stuff just yet. What I can do is show you the chapter header art that I did for the instructor's manual. Of all the art I produced for Book Feast, these were some of the few pieces that did not see some sort of revision.
Since the theme was Book Feast all the chapters had food names. This thankfully allowed me a launch pad for ideas. So often with projects the themes or elements are vague ideas that do not directly translate into tangible visuals. For the most part the project was really fun, though some aspects got a bit exhausting by the end. I produced a ton of elements for Book Feast, I am please to share these with you all.
I have been hard at work on my submission for the newest ArtOrder challenge. I have put my piece away for a few days so I can get a fresh look at it. I should be posting it here soon, even though the deadline for it is still over a month away. I have actually started working on additional pieces based on the theme... too bad I can only submit one!
See you back here on Friday! Until then...
For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com