Monday, April 6, 2009

Sketchbook 4/4/2009 & Usagi Sketch

Here is one creature that made it into my sketchbook over the weekend. Another full weekend of painting and drawing for projects. This little guy would mostly have had some friends if I hadn't kept forgetting to have my sketchbook in hand when I left the house.

I wonder if he has a problem with drooling...

Here is a drawing I did over the weekend for a painting I hope to be starting later this week. This will be a submission for the souvenir brochure for the San Diego Comic Con in July. Each year they have themes they accept art for and then publish selected works in a brochure. One of the themes for this year is the 25th anniversary of Usagi Yojimbo created by Stan Sakai. I am a huge fan of Stan Sakai's work so I felt inspired to do a piece and submit it. My wife's encouragement helped too, since she may be a bigger Stan Sakai fan then me. But time is ticking, the deadline is April 20th... so I need to move fast.


Speaking of Comic Con, I can't wait! Should be a great year! I am really looking forward to catching up with people I have not seen in awhile, meeting people I have never met in person, and getting introduced with new folks. If you will be attending, I hope to see you there!

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment