Monday, August 10, 2026

Revisiting Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter - Bloodletter

Either in late 2010 or very early 2011, I worked on one of several Warhammer 40K assignments. At the time, I was doing a lot of them for very, very low pay, as was common at the time. Learning a lot and making monsters for pennies on the dollar. One of the assignments was for a quartet of monsters from the RPG supplement Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter. I always liked these monsters a lot, and I can see things starting to click for me in the creation of these. I thought I would revisit these pieces, share the drawings for them that have never been shared (it looks like I never shared the process either, but that isn't happening today), and show off a monster that is now sixteen years old. For whatever reason, they made me make this guy tall and spindly rather than beefy, but that is their call, I liked him beefy.

Bloodletter
Dark Heresy - Daemon Hunter
7 x 10 - Digital
© 2011 Fantasy Flight Games

Bloodletter
Dark Heresy - Daemon Hunter
9 x 12 - Pencil on paper

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog. See you back here on Wednesday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment