Thursday, October 17, 2024

Campaign Roundup - Panakal and Hare

Today on the blog, I wanted to point out several current artist campaigns that I think you all might be interested in. They feature fantastic art by incredible artists, and if you have not already checked them out, you should do so NOW!

First up is Allen Panakal's Ancient Ones. Book Two. Codex of Orion. Allen shares:

Codex of Orion contains full-color illustrations paired with new stories from my Ancient Ones setting. Twelve chapters and five new artifacts clock in at 100 pages in this beautiful hardcover edition.

This is the second book from his world, and I couldn't be more excited. It has been an honor to watch Allen create his world with his unique vision and artistic voice. His work is unlike anything I have seen before, and I can not stress how great his work is. If you missed his first book, you can get both in his new campaign!


Next up is Emily Hare's WANTED - Cosmic Outlaws, Space Pirates & Intergalactic Scallywags. Emily shares:

The universe is under great threat from gangs of unscrupulous and ruthless alien outlaws. It is up to you to track down these felons, both naughty and notable and bring them to justice!
What is Admiral Pimpleneurker wanted for? Does Gorson Dust really smuggle flunch manure and wot weed? Why does Sandra at your local council office look so suspicious?
What is a Zloppcumber and why is it illegal?You will find out the important answers to these questions and more, in this comprehensive publication.
This book is a collaboration between my husband Matt Dixon and I.
The book was originally going to be a collection of mugshots of various criminal extra terrestrials, inspired by the wonderful mugshots of criminals and vagrants from the late 1800s to early 1920s. I wanted to create my own alien criminals and describe their crimes and what they'd been caught for. Matt expanded on this idea by suggesting that rather than having been caught, these were characters who were yet to be captured and the title changed from Mugshots to WANTED - Cosmic Outlaws, Space Pirates & Intergalactic Scallywags! 
This new offering from Emily looks like so much fun! I love monsters (and aliens), so this is right up my alley. I love Emily's watercolor work, and it is exciting to see her turn her attention to being from a mysterious cosmos. Her designs are fun, whimsical, and unexpected. I can not wait to get my copy! 

That's all for another exciting Thursday on the blog. See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment