Thursday, August 24, 2023

Have Trailer Will Travel!

As you may know, if you follow this blog at all, in 2019, I started using a trailer as part of my convention setup. With the walls, curtains, podium, shelves, racks, art, and just all of it, I was no longer able to fit my convention, two humans, and luggage into my car. This meant that I needed a trailer. I turned to U-Haul as a solution because of their availability and low cost (comparatively to things like buying and/or storing a trailer). Jump ahead to 2023, and I am now completely reliant on using a trailer for conventions. As I have become increasingly dependent on needing a trailer, the customer service at U-Haul has collapsed. To call the service I have recently received abysmal would be putting it mildly. I am not here to air my full grievances, but let us just say that after getting the trailer picked up for Gen Con earlier this month, a process that was maddeningly horrible, I was resigned to purchasing a trailer. And while driving to Gen Con, my wife reached out to some people to pick their brains, and one of them had just decided to sell the trailer they no longer needed. So, we now have a trailer! BEHOLD!

And it came with R2D2 decals!

It is the perfect size for our needs. It fits in one of the only places we have available for it. We are no longer beholden to U-Haul and their catastrophic service. And it has new wheels and bearings. Of course, we must not overlook the stylish R2 decals on three sides. To say I am pleased with this is putting it mildly, and I can't wait till I put it to the test.

That is all for another exciting Thursday on the blog. See you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment