Thursday, October 27, 2022

The Gathering is the Magic Clip: "Christopher Burdett wants to steal the Beebles!"

At Gen Con, I had an excellent opportunity to speak with the folks behind the upcoming documentary about Magic the Gathering, The Gathering is the Magic. It was a lot of fun and always a good time to talk about art, monsters, and more.

 
The Gathering is the Magic - A documentary about how Magic the Gathering brings people together, fosters friendship, and inspires with art and storytelling.

One of the questions I was asked during my interview was if there was any element, aspect, or thing in Magic that I would want to have been mine, what would it be? It was an easy answer; I would love to be the king of the Beebles! Jeff Miracola's freaky pick bear monsters have always been such a visual and tonal outlier to the rest of the game, and I love them for that. And they seem to be eternal, as they continue to pop up repeatedly over the years. So yes, if I was to rewrite history and get to have something become mine in MtG, it would be the Beebles.

 
For the love of Beebles!
I informed Jeff of this fact at Gen Con so he wouldn't feel like I was coming for him when he saw this.

That's all for another exciting Thursday on the blog! Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow with some thoughts and images regarding IX 2022. Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment