Friday, January 29, 2021

Infected By Art 8 - The Grand Map of the Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia

This week I received my copies of Infected By Art 8. It is a gorgeous publication filled with fantastic art. It is an honor to be included in it. IBA8 is special for me because as I was finishing up working on The Grand Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia, I only had a single new piece of art that I felt was deserving to be submitted. Since I had nearly completely stepped away from freelance work in the last push to finish the writing for the book, I simply didn't have any new art. No new art save for the map of the Grand Bazaar that I completed in 2019. Instead of waiting a year, I decided to go ahead and submit the single piece, and to my surprise and excitement, it made it in. A huge thanks go out to William Cox, Jon Schindehette, Art Order, and the jury of IBA8 for their work on this stellar tome of art. Here are some images of the book at my selected work.

 
Infected By Art 8 - IX variant cover and standard cover

The Grand Map of the Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia on the page in all its glory

The beautiful work that I get to share the page and spread with

 
The Grand Map of the Bazaar of Ethra VanDalia 
30 x 20 - Pencil, acrylic paint, and ink on paper
 © 2019 Christopher Burdett

That's all for another exciting week on the blog. See you back here on Monday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability, head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment