Monday, July 27, 2015

Jabba's Rancor - Star Wars Card Art

Just in time for Gen Con! I have been approved to now share this piece after a part of it was spoiled on the FFG Website recently. This is the piece that started off my traditional card art on Star Wars last year. What better way then to start it all off with the Rancor! Hard to go wrong with such an icon and cool monster from Star Wars. I have always loved the Rancor and it was really great to be able to paint it for the Star Wars games. Here is how Jabba's Rancor turned out...

Jabba's Rancor
Bantha Raider Villain Pack (among other things)
11 x 14 - Acrylic and pencil on board
Original - SOLD
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

Those attending Gen Con will be the first to see this piece in person and if so inclined can take it home with them. You know you need a Rancor on your wall! RAWR!

I mentioned that this was the first card art for Star Wars that I painted traditionally last year, well it is now one of many that I have created over the last year. Looking forward to sharing them all in the fullness of time. This painting was originally intended for a different project but was spoiled when reused on an upcoming miniature expansion for Imperial Assault. A HUGE thanks to Zoe Robinson for this assignment and being open to my transition into traditional paint!

Bantha Raider Villain Pack for Imperial Assault
If you look carefully you will see a happy little Rancor... RAWR!

That is all for another exciting Monday on the blog, see you back here on Wednesday for more new Star Wars work!  Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment