Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Knobby White Spider - Star Wars: Between the Shadows

On Monday I shared with you the first of my contributions to Between the Shadows, the newest deluxe expansion to the Star Wars card game. Today brings the second new contribution to this set and it is a little more monstrous. The giant Knobby White Spider of Dagobah is here to keep an eye on Yoda and Luke...

Knobby White Spider
Star Wars: Between the Shadows
10 x 8.4 - Digital
© 2015 Lucasfilm, Ltd. TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Under license to Fantasy Flight Games

I think is my first piece to directly be set during the Empire Strikes Back... because I put Luke's crashed X-Wing in the background. There was that Icetromper on Hoth a while back, but there is no direct tie in to the movie. I think most of my Star Wars work has been taking part in the Expanded Universe or in Return of the Jedi, so it was nice to do something from ESB. This was a weird one to work on but I will share some of that when the process post goes up in the coming weeks. Here is a look at how the final card turned out...

 Knobby White Spider in handy dandy card form

This piece was not my last digitally painted Star Wars piece (that would be my work on Stay on Target) but this is the last digitally painted Star Wars piece to be released. From this point forward, unless otherwise mentioned, my Star Wars work is traditionally painted. For me, this is kind of crazy to think about. Got some interesting stuff on the horizon.
 
I will be bringing you one more piece from Between the Shadows on Friday, but this is a piece that has already been used elsewhere. I will be sharing the process that went into that piece to make it a more interesting post.

That is all for another exciting Wednesday on the blog, see you back here on Friday! Until then...

For more samples of my work or to contact me regarding my availability head over to my website: www.christopherburdett.com

No comments:

Post a Comment